We provide free, impartial and confidential advice on housing problems.
We give advice on all housing issues, particularly those affecting you as a tenant or as an owner occupier.
Advice is available over the phone, in person, and by by email, and our advisers can act on your behalf where necessary.
We help by
- Providing Housing Advice.
- Acting as advocates.
- Offering Deposit Guarantees.
- Referring clients to Tenancy
- Support and the Youth Housing Project.
- Signposting to other relevant organisations.
We work with those who…
- may be threatened with homelessness.
- are living in substandard or overcrowded accommodation.
- are sleeping rough or on someone’s floor.
- are living in temporary accommodation.
- are being released from prison, youth offenders institution, or discharged from hospital without an address.
Drop in surgeries are available during the week at the CHAT offices in Tiverton and by phone during office hours. We also offer drop in services in:
CREDITON (Tuesday afternoon between 2pm and 4.30pm)
CULLOMPTON (Monday afternoon between 2pm and 4.30pm)
These services are free to anyone in housing need, and are maintained through donations received from Churches, Trusts and individuals.
We are able to provide emergency bedding, sleeping bags and tents. We also have a furniture store.
Fund raising events, such as sponsored concerts, sport activities, social events, etc., are welcomed. Gifts of dried and canned food for the homeless and those who are experiencing hardship are always appreciated by the recipient.
Contact us by email or call 01884 255 606