We provide free, impartial and confidential advice on housing problems.
We can advise on all housing issues, particularly those affecting you as a tenant or as an owner occupier.
Advice is available over the phone, in person, and by email, and our advisers can act on your behalf where necessary.
We help by
- Providing Housing Advice
- Acting as advocates
- Offering Deposit Guarantees
- Referring clients to Tenancy Support
- Liaising with other agencies
We work with those who…
- may be threatened with homelessness
- are living in substandard or overcrowded accommodation
- are sleeping rough or on someone’s floor
- are living in temporary accommodation
- are being released from prison, youth offenders institution, or discharged from hospital without an address
Drop in surgeries are available during the week at the CHAT offices in Tiverton: 9 – 5 on weekdays [10.30 start on Mondays] and by phone and email during office hours. We also offer drop in services in:
CREDITON Tuesday afternoons between 2pm and 4.30pm
Crediton EX17 2BN
These services are free to anyone in housing need, and are maintained through donations received from Churches, Trusts and individuals.
Contact us by email or call 01884 255606